StoryCorps' MobileBooth came to Kansas City to collect the stories and memories of residents. This is one in a series of stories KCUR has chosen to highlight. Joseph and Elaine Chow first met as teenagers in the 1950s. In those days, it was rare for any young adult to have a car. So the fact that Joseph had one immediately stood out.
Our Latest Political Coverage
- Missouri's Next Attorney General Will Be State Treasurer Eric Schmitt
- Feminist Gloria Steinem: Kansas Shows It's Finally A Political Plus To Be A Woman
- Governor-Elect Laura Kelly Wants To Put Kansas 'Back On Track'
- Next steps unclear after Missouri gas tax increase fails
- With 'Surreal' Feeling, Kansas Congresswoman-Elect Sharice Davids Is Eager To Get To Washington
- Voters In Kansas City Area Smash Past Turnout Levels Of 2014 Midterms
Les Miles is 65, but he’s not prepared to dig into his retirement savings nor the $1.5 million buyout settlement he agreed to last week with LSU football. That buyout, which was far less than what LSU had agreed to pay Miles through 2023, paved the way for him to accept a new challenge: turn around the moribund football program at the University of Kansas.