Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Dan has covered Kansas City area news since 1974. He began a career in journalism more than 40 years ago in Chicago’s suburbs. The switch from newspaper to radio came during two years in the U. S. Army, and by 1968 he was firmly convinced that radio was his medium. He has covered breaking news, blizzards, tornadoes & floods. The Federal District Court was his daily beat for years. He was one of the few radio reporters able to continue broadcasting during Hurricane Katrina and it’s immediate aftermath. He concedes KCUR is one of his passions. Dan has been honored by the Missouri Broadcasters’ Association, The Associated Press and United Press International. He is inducted into the hall of fame of the Kansas City Media Professionals. When not covering news, Dan is partial to reading American history and tinkering with an old tractor. His wife Sylvia is his best critic. They have two daughters and a son.