Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Business & Tech
Tue May 22, 2012
AMC Acquired By Chinese Wanda Group
Dailan Wanda Group, a private conglomerate whose holdings include commercial real estate, luxury hotels, department stores and cultural businesses owns 86 theaters in China. The Wanda Group plans to invest up to $500 million in AMC.
In the first portion of Monday's Up to Date, guest host Brian Ellison talks with Kansas City Star development reporter Kevin Collison about the purchase, what it means for the future of AMC, and if the company still plans to move to Leawood, KS.