Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Food & Drink
Fri December 2, 2011
The Best Burgers in Town
Join the conversation with Walt Bodine, co-host Charles Ferruzza and the Food Critics as we discuss great places to dine around town. Plus, in the second half of the hour, critics and callers gab about their favorite places to grab a burger around town.
Critics Reviewed Restaurants:
Mestizo (5270 W. 116th Place, Leawood, KS 66211)
Critic Mary Bloch like everything about this place but the salsa. It tasted like spaghetti sauce to her.
Westport Street Fair (corner of Westport and Pennsylvania behind Harry's)
Opened by Aaron and Richard from Westport Cafe, cute courtyard, tacos, quesadillas and ramen dishes. Enjoyed the short rib filling. Tortas with pork too. Says everything was wonderful.
Gram & Dun, A Gastro Pub (600 Ward Parkway, Kansas City MO 64112)
Critic Chris Becicka says the food is inventive and fun.
The Marble Top Cafe (8435 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64114)
Critic Chris Becicka says they make good sandwiches, gyros, kebabs. Homemade hummas. Nice combo platter.