Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Sun August 10, 2008
Bicycle Legend Speaks For First Time About Childhood Trauma
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused before the age of 18.
But Greg LeMond, the three-time Tour de France winner, says the numbers may be even higher, because it's not something most male victims ever talk about or report.
LeMond was recently in Kansas City at an event organized by a local child abuse prevention center. He spoke publicly for the first time there about having been being sexually abused as a child, and about how he's learned to cope with the pain. KCUR's health reporter, Elana Gordon, was there.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
Download recent health stories or subscribe to the KCUR Health Podcast">KCUR Health Podcast