Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
January 15, 2012
Fri January 13, 2012
Black Archives, Missouri Immigration, Firefighter Louie "Scooter" Martin
The show for January 15, 2012.
Visit the new home of the Black Archives of Mid America and hear from the new director Doretha Williams. With the support of the Kansas City Public Library and the Kauffman Foundation, the Black Archives hope to re-open to the public in June.
A Missouri Senate committee begins hearings on Tuesday on a bill that would require schools to check the immigration status of all students, and call on police to check status on stops. Hear from Lee's Summit State Senator Will Kraus, who sponsored the bill, and Missouri Immigrants and Refugee Advocates Executive Director Vanessa Crawford.
Louie "Scooter" Martin shares his memories of battling blazed out of the Westport firehouse for more than 50 years.
David Weibe Retires
After more than two decades, Director of the Johnson County Mental Health Center David Weibe retired last month. Weibe talks about the development of the community mental health system in Kansas.