Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon March 5, 2012
Originally published on Fri March 9, 2012 9:51 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with more bad news for News Corp.
An FBI investigation of Rupert Murdoch's media company is now looking to Russia. A billboard company, News Outdoor Russia, owned until last year by News Corp, is being scrutinized over possibly bribing public officials. The FBI began looking into News Corps' operations after its British newspapers were embroiled in a bribery and phone hacking scandal.
This latest probe in Russia suggests the U.S.-based News Corp could be vulnerable to charges under America's Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.