Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri October 15, 2010
Council and Mayor Clash Again on Appointments
Kansas City, MO – On the surface it seemed a simple request from the mayor -- the reappointment of two members of the commission that makes recommendations on proposed tax-increment-financing proposals.
The mayor introduced the resolution, saying, "These two individuals are serving and have been serving well. Both are desirous of being reappointed. I think you're familiar with both of them. I would like to have them reappointed."<
Without any debate, the council approved the reappointment of Margaret May to the TIF commission, but rejected Claudia Ornate Greim 8 to 3 with two members abstaining.
Some council members have criticized the mayor's TIF policies in the past. Some have been upset that he hasn't provided more information on nominees.
Those who voted against Greim chose not to comment.