Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu February 18, 2010
Democratic Kansas State Senator Tom Holland Kicks off Campaign for Governor
Topeka, Kan. – Democratic State Senator Tom Holland has officially entered the race for governor. He kicked off his campaign with a rally in Topeka and an attack on the presumed Republican nominee.
State Sen. Tom Holland, of Baldwin City, suggested that U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback would bring gridlock and partisanship from Washington to Topeka. Brownback is the only GOP candidate campaigning.
Brownback's campaign didn't respond to the criticism, saying he's focused on growing the economy. But the Kansas Republican Party called Holland a liberal and questioned whether he'd stay in the race long.
Holland is one of three Democrats seeking the party's nomination in the Aug. 3 primary, but he has the backing of party leaders.