Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue December 8, 2009
Former Missouri House Speaker Charged with Assault
Jefferson City, MO – An arrest warrant has been issued for former Missouri House Speaker Rod Jetton in Scott County, for allegedly assaulting an unidentified female.
According to court documents, on or about November 15th, Jetton is alleged to have caused serious physical injury to the woman by, quote, "hitting her on the head and choking her, resulting in unconsciousness and the loss of the function of a part of her body," end quote.
The name of the woman who filed the complaint has been redacted. The charge is a felony that's punishable by up to seven years in prison and a fine of up to 5-thousand dollars.
Jetton served as Speaker of the Missouri House from 2005 through 2008, and has worked as a political consultant since leaving office due to term limits.