Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Mon April 20, 2009
Grandview Newspaper Expanding Circulation
Grandview, MO – A lot of the news lately has been about: the news. Headlines about layoffs at newspapers like The Kansas City Star, and papers shutting down in Denver and Seattle. They make it clear: big newspapers are in trouble. But for smaller, hyper-local newspapers, the story is not nearly so pessimistic. The Jackson County Advocate in Grandview, Missouri is one of many smaller weeklies that continues to thrive in its own community. That's even as it faces the question: Can print media survive in the digital age? KCUR's Alex Smith has the story.