Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Tue December 6, 2011
Green Bay Packers Stock Is Hot As Sale Begins
They're Super Bowl champions. They're 12-0 this season.
And they're hot with investors (sort of).
Things couldn't be much better for the Green Bay Packers. And this morning we're hearing that the team's fifth sale of stock in its 92-year history is going very well.
"The Packers said they took 1,600 orders for shares of stock in the first 11 minutes of the sale," the Green Bay Press Gazette reports.
Each one of the 250,000 shares costs $250 — and the team doesn't pay dividends. So they're not exactly for those looking to make some money. As Wisconsin Public Radio's Patty Murray reported on Morning Edition, they're really more like souvenirs.
But for many Packers fans, having a piece of the team is priceless. If you're looking to pick up a share, click here. The sale continues until February, or until the team runs out of shares.