Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Mon August 17, 2009
Historical Mystery Solved At Fort Osage
Kansas City, MO – Next month, the National Historic Landmark of Fort Osage will turn 201 years old. In archeological time, that's just a blink of an eye. But for Missourians, the establishment of Fort Osage marks the start of the United States settlements in this area. Fort Osage has been the subject of study for nearly 70 years, but there's still a lot to learn and new technology brought in from the world of geo-sciences is now making it possible to dig even deeper into the history of our region. KCUR's Alex Smith has the story.
Fort Osage curator and archeologist John Peterson and UMKC Associate Professor Jejung Lee talk about their collaboration.