Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Central Standard Friday
Wed December 26, 2012
The History Of Holiday Shopping
Heads up y'all, there's only one weekend left to get that last-minute Christmas shopping done.
On Central Standard Friday, our resident historian Monroe Dodd examines the history of holiday buying and gift giving.
He'll be joined by Kissan Joseph, Associate Professor and Stockton Faculty Fellow at the University of Kansas School of Business, and Jennifer Crane, Curator of Education at the Johnson County Museum, to discuss all things yuletide consumerism.