Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Mon February 13, 2012
Igudesman And Joo: 'I Will Survive'
Violinist Aleksey Igudesman and pianist Hyung-ki Joo believe that classical music should be fun. That's why they subvert it whenever they appear on stage.
Igudesman and Joo are professional musicians who kick the stuffing out of music. They use every means at their disposal to find a laugh — combining elements of serious music with pop songs, playing instruments with unorthodox devices and generally cutting up on stage. Their YouTube videos — (beginning with one called "Rachmaninov Had Big Hands") have garnered over 20 million hits. Igudesman and Joo have been touring the US and stopped by NPR to play — in both senses of the word.