Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue March 19, 2013
John Mark Eberhart Reads 'The Gospel Of The Dirt'
As books editor for The Kansas City Star, John Mark Eberhart was known for encouraging local writers - and publishing their work. Eberhart was also a poet. He died Tuesday, March 19.
His two volumes of verse, "Night Watch" (2005) and “Broken Time" (2008) were both published by Mid-America-Press.
In 2008, New Letters on the Air recorded a reading at The Writers Place with John Mark Eberhart and his musician brother Ken Eberhart. Here's John Mark reading "The Gospel of the Dirt," the last poem from his then-new book, “Broken Time,” accompanied by his brother, Ken, on marimba.
John Mark Eberhart died Tuesday, March 19 after a battle with cancer. He was 52.
Listen to the entire recording of the 2008 reading at The Writers Place here.