Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon June 29, 2009
Journalist Compares Reporting In Uganda To KC
Kansas City, MO – The Kansas City Star has a young new reporter on staff, but just for a few months. 28-year-old Rodney Muhumuza is actually a senior political reporter at the Daily Monitor in Kampala, Uganda. In 2007, he was named the news reporter of the year at Uganda's annual Golden Pen Awards. At home, Muhumuza has written about political corruption, the arts, culture and the environment. Currently, he has an Alfred Friendly Press Fellowship at the Star, and is developing his skills at a type of reporting that he says is scarce in Uganda. KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross caught up with Rodney Muhumuza in the features department at the Star.
Muhumuza is writing about his experiences reporting in the US on his blog, Made in Uganda.