Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed July 28, 2010
Kansas City Art Institute Students Create Murals for Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
As the shell-like concrete curves take shape on the $413 million Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, the building is about 75 percent complete. The most noticeable change last week - installation started on the first pieces of exterior glass for the grand lobby.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Inside what will be the home for ballet and opera, the Muriel Kauffman Theatre, sixteen Kansas City Art Institute students are currently at work on a four-story mural. KCUR's Laura Spencer stopped by the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts recently to check on the progress.
For a behind-the-scenes look, check out the Kansas City Art Institute blog.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast
Funding for arts coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency