Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed January 19, 2011
KCUR Morning News 1-19-11
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – Basic city services won't be sacrificed in a proposed budget for Kansas City, Missouri.
A Missouri Senate committee is receiving budget requests from agencies and non-profit groups as lawmakers prepare to craft the state's spending plan for next year.
Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill says she'd like to see both the U-S House and Senate take serious steps toward reducing spending before she votes to increase the amount of money the country can borrow.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded the State of Kansas more than three-million dollars to protect children and families from lead-based paint and other hazards in the home.
With one year left on a 5-year, 55-million dollar contract, Kansas City Royals pitcher Gil Meche has decided to retire from the game.