Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri June 17, 2011
KCUR Morning News 6-17-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The full Kansas City city council followed a committee's recommendation yesterday and refused to ban the production of parts for nuclear weapons at a plant being built in southeast Kansas City.
Rural bankers in 10 Midwest states, including Kansas and Missouri, worry that Missouri River flooding will hurt the region's economy and tourism.
Missouri State Senator Brad Lager wants the Senate to hold hearings by the fall on the management of the Missouri River.
The U.S. Senate has voted to end a six Billion dollar a year tax credit supporting the ethanol industry.
Former Kansas Attorney General Steve Six has to wait another week to see if his bid for a seat on a federal appeals court moves ahead.
The Kansas City Royals lost 8-4 to the Oakland A's.