Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed September 28, 2011
Kemper ARTcast: June Ahrens
Artist June Ahrens sits with Chief Curator Barbara O'Brien to discuss her works relating to September 11, in the exhibition Acquisitions in Context: June Ahrens.
By Drew Bolton
Kansas City, Mo. – Acquisitions in Context: June Ahrens
September 9-December 24, 2011
From the Kemper's website: "Artist June Ahrens's work addresses issues of loss, pain, fragility, danger, and survival. Her work is obsessive in spirit and uses reclaimed or repurposed everyday objects."
Produced in collaboration with KCUR 89.3 FM, Kemper ARTcasts is the Kemper Museum's podcast series. This project brings the voices and insights of artists, as well as community and curatorial voices, to a broad range of listeners.
Download recent Kemper ARTcasts or subscribe to the Kemper ARTcast podcast