Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue March 6, 2012
"Kick Me" Kicking Off in KC
In the second half of this Tuesday's Central Standard, we interrogate a KCK cop about his emerging career as an indie film star, before he becomes famous.
Officer/actor Santiago Vasquez will play the lead in an indie martial arts comedy called Kick Me with director Gary Huggins. They've been holding auditions for Kick Me here in the metro, attracting a wild variety of talents including a former hog calling queen, Fred the First Aid Fox, a woman who gave birth on a reality show, an actor with Tourette's, Shakespearean actors, rappers, construction workers, and florists - an extreme sliver of all the things that make KC amazing.
If you have a moment, check out director Gary Huggin's first short film, "First Date." It premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2006, and went on to screen at Clermont-Ferrand, Outfest and SXSW. The lead is played by our guest Santiago Vasquez. What a talent.