Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue January 4, 2005
Local Reaction to Tsunami
By Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – From comic book artists to SONIC drive-ins, Kansas City organizations are raising funds for victims of the tsunami in South and Southeast Asia. UMKC's Indonesian Students Organization collected donations in the Country Club Plaza over the weekend. Many groups are turning over contributions to the American Red Cross the Community of Christ church in Independence just gave $75,000. The Church of Nazarene had such a high volume of on-line donations that their system crashed. KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross visited the Hindu Temple of Kansas City this weekend, where members held a prayer session for the victims of the disaster.
Links to local organizations collecting donations for tsunami relief: