Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon January 31, 2011
Mo. Supreme Court Calls for Retrial on Controversial Adoption
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – This week, the Missouri Supreme Court restored parental rights to a Guatemalan immigrant whose son was adopted by an American couple. The court ruled that the adoption failed to follow proper legal procedures, and sent the case back for a new hearing. But the four-year-old boy will remain with his adoptive family until then.
KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross reported on this case back in December, and has this update.