Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Up to Date
Tue January 17, 2012
New Kansas City Chief Focuses On Community Policing
The Kansas City (Missouri) Police Department searched far and wide for a new chief last year. Finally, they chose from within its ranks: Darryl Forté.
Tuesday on Up to Date, Steve Kraske welcomed Chief Forté to talk about Kansas City's consistently-high homicide rate, community policing, and his background.
We discussed changes he's made since he became head of the department, including requiring all commanders who are not assigned to patrol operations in the field to spend time out on the streets and requiring a deputy chief to respond to every homicide scene.