Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Up to Date
Tue September 18, 2012
The Obama White House & The Supreme Court
The faction leaders? President Obama and Chief Justice John Roberts. Each is young, intelligent, and charismatic. One favors pragmatism over ideology. The other seeks to make sweeping changes.
Wednesday on Up to Date, New Yorker writer and CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin tells us about the cases brought before the Supreme Court that highlight where each of these men stand, and what the November election means not just for the Presidency, but for the Court as well.
HEAR MORE: Jeffrey Toobin speaks about his book on Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 7 p.m. at Unity Temple on The Plaza, Sanctuary, 707 W 47th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64112. Call Rainy Day Books in Fairway at 913 384 3126 for tickets and more information.
Jeffrey Toobin is a staff writer at The New Yorker, senior legal analyst at CNN, and the authors of such best-sellers as Too Close to Call: The Thirty-Six Day Battle to Decide the 2000 Election, A Vast Conspiracy: The Real Story of the Sex Scandal that Nearly Brought Down a President, and The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson. He last appeared on Up to Date in March 2010.