Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue May 30, 2006
Olathe Couple Produce NCLR's ALMA Awards
By Delores Jones and Laura Ziegler
Kansas City, MO – It's hot . . . it's fast . . . it's the 8th annual ALMA Awards scheduled to air next Monday . . . June 5th . . . on ABC. The ALMA awards were created by David Chavez of Olathe, Kansas . . . to honor Hispanic artists in film, TV and music. The show is part Oscars, part Emmys, and part Grammys of Latin entertainment. And the buzz around it is loud, especially loud now that Desperate Housewives superstar Eva Longoria has signed on as host.
With us to talk about the Alma Awards are the show's co-producers, David and Sarah Chavez, of Latinpointe.
(Pictured are Eva Longoria and National Council of La Raza president Janet Murguia, of Kansas City Kansas.)