Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Sun June 3, 2012
PHOTOS: What Kansas Looked Like Then And What It Looks Like Now
If you happen to stand in one spot in a Kansas town or city, did you ever wonder what things looked like 100+ years ago?
If so, “then and now” books are just the ticket. They are part of a genre that uses photos to contrast the past with the present in cities and states around the country.
Kansas City historian Monroe Dodd’s “Kansas Then and Now” is fourth in a series of books about the region; the other three were about Kansas City. Featuring historical scenes from Kansas plains and prairie, the photos take you back to when Kansas was a territory and to the late 20th century.
Follow along with the slideshow as KCUR's Susan B. Wilson talks to Monroe Dodd about their favorite photographs exploring Kansas' past and present.