Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon July 12, 2010
President Hopes To Influence Missouri Senate Race
Kansas City, MO – President Barack Obama was in Kansas City this week, for the first time since he was elected. The latest Rasmussen poll shows the President has the lowest approval rating on the issue of the economy since he took office.
Still, while he was in town, President Obama tried to rally his base to support Secretary of State Robin Carnahan in her bid for the Senate. He attended a thousand dollar a plate fundraiser at the downtown Marriot, and then a so-called "grassroots" rally next door at the Folly Theater. KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross was there.