Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Mon June 27, 2005
Profile Memory Brown-Ailey Camper
By Laura Ziegler
Kansas City, Missouri – The Kansas City Friends of Alvin Ailey began it's 17th summer camp last week.
The program is an intensive 6 weeks of dance - ballet, modern, and tap- as well as classes in personal development, creative writing, and art. It sponsors almost 200 students now in programs both in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas, and has become increasingly competitive. It's been replicated in several cities across the country.
Over the years, Ailey camp has made an important difference in the lives of hundreds of young people.
Memory Brown is 14 years old and lives with her grandmother. She was ecstatic when she got accepted to Ailey camp. We'll hear from her again mid-way through experience, and at the end.