Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
Fri July 16, 2010
Remembering Richard Harriman
The Harriman-Jewell Series has brought world-class classical music and dance to Kansas City for more than four decades. On Thursday, July 15, the tall, soft-spoken co-founder of that series died. Richard Harriman was 77.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – The Harriman-Jewell Series of concerts built a national reputation, both as a launch pad for up and coming musicians, and as a place where world famous artists tried out new material.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast