Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu January 20, 2011
Restaurants Try "Snow Day" Deals
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Snow days can either be a bane or a boon to business. Some local restaurants tried to drum up customers today by offering special "snow day" deals.
At Spin Pizza south of the Plaza, manager Roger Formanek says snow days can be unpredictable, and often dead. But today Spin offered a "crummy weather voucher": 20% off to people on the email list, and a warning to "Be Safe When You Drive." And he says it worked.
"Literally, almost every guest has the coupon in hand or on their phone," he said. "We'll take it either way."
There were also recent "snow day" deals at KC area Chipotles, Houlihans and a special snow day camp at the Kansas City Zoo.