Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Around the Nation
Thu December 27, 2012
Restored Wedding Album Given To Sandy Victims
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Mary and Lenny Buongiorno figured their photos were lost forever after Sandy flooded their Staten Island home. The waterlogged album with wedding pictures going back to the '50s was in a pile of roadside debris when bus driver Mike Valente spotted it. He spent five weeks meticulously cleaning and restoring the images on his computer. After presenting the new album to the overjoyed couple, he told the New York Post: I'm all about memories. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.