Segment 1: The South Asian community a year after the Olathe shooting.
A year ago, two friends met for a drink at an Olathe bar. An older regular got agitated and reportedly told them to "get out of my country" before opening fire, killing Srinivas Kuchibhotla and injuring Alok Madasani and Ian Grillot. A year later, we check in with a couple of people from the local Indian-American community. Has anything changed for them over the past year?
- Raj Bhala, Distinguished Professor, University of Kansas School of Law; Senior Advisor for Dentons; Columnist with BloombergQuint India
- Kavya Sri Jampuram, graduate student at UMKC in electrical engineering
Segment 2, beginning at 24:30: Do you feel safe in Kansas City?
We explore whether KC is a welcoming place for any group or individual targeted by hateful rhetoric.
- A.C. Thompson, Staff Reporter with ProPublica; staff reporter on the "Documenting Hate" project
- Marvin Szneler, Executive Director, Jewish Community Relations Bureau/American Jewish Committee Kansas City
- Steph Perkins, Executive Director of PROMO
Correction: The initial post incorrectly identified A.C Thompson's role on the "Documenting Hate" project.