Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
Wed June 6, 2012
Star Watching: In The Heights
For the second half of this Wednesday's Central Standard, a look at the touring Broadway musical making its last stop in Kansas City.
In the Heights tells the story of the community within a single block of Washington Heights, from the corner bodega with light sweet coffee, to the family-run taxi stand, and to the beauty salon full of gossip and hair gel. The show began as an original musical conceived by Lin-Manuel Miranda during his sophomore year at Wesleyan University, and won 4 Tony Awards in 2008 including Best Musical.
Tauren Hagans, who plays Daniela, the outrageous owner of the salon where the neighborhood girls gossip
Katherine Brady, who plays Carla, who works at Daniela's salon
SEE IT YOURSELF:
The show runs through Sunday, June 10th at the Starlight Theatre. Showings begin at 8pm. For more info call (816) 363-7827 or visit their website.