Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed December 6, 2006
WEB EXTRA: Myra Taylor on Jay McShann
Vocalist Myra Taylor also performed in Kansas City in the 1930s and 40s. Here, Taylor tells a story about attending a ceremony at the Jazz Hall of Fame in Tulsa (where McShann received the Lifetime Achievement Award).
By Laura Spencer and Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – Members of the community are invited to pay their respects to Jay "Hootie" McShann in the American Jazz Museum Atrium, located at 1616 E. 18th Street in the Historic 18th & Vine Jazz District in Kansas City, MO. A visitation will be held at the Gem Theater on Thursday, December 14 from 4 to 7pm, followed by blues, jazz and tributes. McShann's funeral will be Saturday, December 16 at the Watkins Brothers Funeral Home.