KCUR Morning Newscast 2-20-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 42 sec)
- A move to recall Kansas City Mayor Mark Funkhouser is off. Saundra Ross along with four other petitioners filed paperwork with the city several weeks ago, but Ross is withdrawing her efforts, saying the general consensus is to give the mayor more time.
- The Kansas House has given its approval to a bill that would allow construction of two new coal-fired power plants near Holcomb.
- Dozens of sex offenders in Missouri can continue to live near schools.
- A bill that would expand the definition of bullying in public schools by including cyber-bullying and the use of electronic devises has received preliminary approval from the Missouri Senate.
- Coercing a pregnant woman into having an abortion would become a crime in Missouri if a bill in the State House becomes law.
- John McCain has picked up two Missouri endorsements as he tries to secure the nomination in the Republican presidential primary.