KCUR is seeking a Fill-In Announcer, who will also have some regular production duties. Responsibilities include board operation; live announcing; recording, editing and dubbing KCUR programs; promo writing; web posting; and other duties as assigned.
KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially-independent community service of the University of Missouri-Kansas City. See www.kcur.org/jobs for information about KCUR and Kansas City.
- Fill in as needed for announcer shifts.
- Work collaboratively with KCUR volunteers, producers, talk show hosts, reporters and anchors on the production of local music programs, national magazine shows, and local talk shows.
- Create audio and text image promos for shows aired on KCUR.
- Contribute to KCUR’s website and social media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Two years of work experience as a live radio announcer.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, education or related field required; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience operating broadcast equipment, including audio boards, digital editing systems, field recording devices, and other production equipment.
- Composure and delivery skills associated with live and recorded on-air content.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Expertise in technical execution of multiple elements within a broadcast.
- Experience editing on deadline with Adobe Audition or similar software.
- Ability to write copy for radio.
- Familiarity with KCUR programming and enthusiasm for public radio.
- Knowledge and experience with social media.
This position reports to the KCUR Director of Program Operations.
This position is non-exempt. Salary starts at $15.29 an hour and will be commensurate with experience and education.
HOW TO APPLY
Review of applications will begin on Thursday, June 6, 2019. Position will remain open until filled.
Apply online: www.umkc.edu/jobs. Click on “Staff Positions,” then “View Jobs,” then “View All Jobs.”
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.