Despite some disappointing off-season roster changes and a freak knee injury for veteran catcher Salvador Perez, at least a few Kansas City Royals fans are excited for the 2018 season to get under way. In what has become a tradition, we spent opening day at Kauffman Stadium speaking with everyone from announcers and reporters to chefs and brewers to get a sense for what's new — on the field and off.
- Steve Physioc, Kansas City Royals play-by-play sportscaster
- Greg Echlin, KCUR sports contributor
- Jeremy Danner, Boulevard Brewing ambassador brewer
- John Woychick, Aramark executive chef, Kauffman Stadium
- Trevor Vance, Kansas City Royals senior director of groundskeeping and landscaping
- Darwin Pennye, Kansas City MLB Urban Youth Academy executive director
- Curt Nelson, Royals Hall of Fame director