Segment 1: After unprecedented ballot initiative success in November, GOP lawmakers look to change the process.
Gov. Mike Parson and Republican lawmakers in the Missouri General Assembly have made ballot initiative reform a priority for this legislative session, saying the current system is too easy for out-of-state interests and funding sources to exploit. Critics of that position say the reform proposals are an affront to voter's ability to directly influence state policy. Today, we heard from both sides of the issue.
- Missouri Rep. Dan Stacy, R-Blue Springs
- Sean Nicholson, senior content strategist and research director at GPS Impact, and Clean Missouri campaign manager
Segment 2, beginning at 25:00: As Kansas City gears up, we ask for the best places to watch the game.
Arrowhead Stadium has been around since 1972, but it has never hosted an AFC Championship game. That'll change on Sunday afternoon when the Chiefs face off against the New England Patriots. To end the week in a winning mood, we asked Kansas City fans and a former Chief where they prefer to take in a game of this magnitude.
- Doug Wiesner, program director for youth sports medicine at the University of Kansas Health System Sports Medicine and Performance Center
- Tim Grunhard, Sports Radio 810 WHB host and Kansas City Chiefs center from 1990-2000
- Jason Durbin, vice president of ticket operations at Tickets for Less