Segment 1: McCoy's Public House and Brewery is closing.
Westport has a vibrant daytime scene, as well as a lively nightlife, and McCoy's has been a long-time staple for both. We talk about the changing nature of the neighborhood, alongside concerns of security, privitization, and old, historic buildings.
- Paul Janasz, helped open McCoys, general manager at Cafe Gratitude
- Caitlin Corcoran, general manager at Ça Va
- Andrea Tudhope, KCUR reporter
Segment 2: Buying a cup of coffee for charity.
In an age of accountability and sustainability, more and more new business are opening with the intention to donate profits to different causes. We speak about this nationwide trend and hear from two local businesses about their product and motivations.
- Tara Stucky, founder, Cause Coffee
- Krystal Piña, store manager, Do Good Co
- Ben Paynter, senior writer, Fast Company, Inside the Growing Business Trend Of Giving All Your Profits Away