Food Critics: The Best Asian Noodles In Kansas City
Some slurp them, some swirl them and unfortunately, some cut them up. But with nearly endless varieties (even gluten-free), everyone eats noodles.
This week on Central Standard food critics Charles Ferruza, Jen Chen and Mary Bloch discussed Asian noodles of all sorts from the slurpy noodles in Vietnamese pho to the more saucy pad thai.
Here are their recommendations:
- Vietnam Cafe — 522 Campbell Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Vietnam Cafe (bun) — 2200 39th Street, Kansas City, Kan.
- Bo Lings — various locations
- Malay Cafe — 6003 NW Barry Road, Kansas City, Mo.
- Thai Place (pad thai) — 4130 Pennsylvania Ave., Kansas City, Mo.
- Iron Horse (house-made noodles) — 918 E Old 56 Hwy, Olathe, Kan.
- Joy Wok — 11920 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, Kan.
- (Original) Thai Place —9359 W 87th Street, Overland Park, Kan.
- Hot Basil — 7528 W 199 Street, Overland Park, Kan.
- Kim Long Asian Market & Restaurant — 511 Cherry Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Princess Garden (Schezwan noodles) — 8906 Wornall Road, Kansas City, Mo.
- 888 Market — 10118 W 119th Street, Overland Park, Kan.
- Sama Zama — 425 Westport Road, Kansas City, Mo.
- Sweet Siam — 7809 Quivira Road, Lenexa, Kan.
- Tasty Thai — 7104 NW Prairie View Road, Kansas City, Mo.
- Thai Orchid — 6504 Martway Street, Shawnee Mission, Kan.
- Zen Zero (Thukpa) — 811 Massachusetts Street, Lawrence, Kan.
- Saigon 39 — 1806 1/2 W 39th Street, Kansas City, Mo.
- Yakisoba brand noodles (Costco pre-packaged) — Costco locations
- Ramen Bowls — 125 E 10th Street, Lawrence, Kan.
- Cafe Gratitude (I am terrific) — 333 Southwest Boulevard, Kansas City, Mo.