Up To Date's Indie, Foreign & Doc Critics' 'Three To See,' August 7-9
A tale about murder takes a dark turn in Kansas, and on another screen, Robin Williams gives his final cinematic performance. This week's selections from Up to Date's indie, foreign and documentary film critics are all over the board when it comes to emotions.
- A closeted gay man forms a bond with a young male prostitute
- Dramedy about two transgender prostitutes in Los Angeles on Christmas Eve
Love & Mercy, PG-13
- I just felt like every time Cusack was on the screen he was making one movie, and Paul Dano was making another and never did they come together to create the Brian Wilson we wanted to get to know.
- Robin Williams plays a closeted gay man in his 60s in his heartbreaking final film role.
Dark Places, R
- A Kansas City woman (Charlize Theron) attempts to correct her brother's conviction for murder.
- Inventive indie film set on Christmas Eve in L.A. with sassy transgender sex workers