Rescued Animals Need Foster Homes
For area animal organizations with a "no-kill" policy, keeping their charges sheltered, fed and socialized strains available resources. Fostering programs temporarily place dogs, cats and other animals with qualified people until a forever home can be found.
- Wayne Hunthausen, is a veterinarian and pet behavior consultant at Westwood Animal Hospital & Wellness Center.
- Jennifer Clair is head of rescue and adoption for Beak n Wings.
- Kate Fields is the President and CEO of the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City.
- Connie Hendrix is president of the Forget-Me-Not Horse Rescue & Sanctuary.
Additional organizations in need of foster homes:
- KC Pet Project, in addition to needing foster homes, is waiving adoption fees August 22-23 to make room for additional animals at its area locations. They are also holding an inaugural Furlough event, where families can foster a dog for one weekend September 11-13.
- Wayside Waifs at 3901 Martha Truman Rd. KCMO