Up To Date's Indie, Foreign & Doc Critics' 'Three To See,' October 16-18
Discover how a library connects two people across international boundaries, and see what it's like when your parents want to arrange your marriage for you. Up to Date's indie, foreign and documentary film critics have a variety of choices to spruce up your weekend.
- An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by an elected government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico.
Thao's Library, not rated
- Elizabeth Van Meter’s touching documentary concerns the friendship between the filmmaker and a young Vietnamese woman who has overcome birth defects to build a library for children in her village.
Goodnight Mommy, R, (German with English subtitles)
- Twin boys doubt the woman who claims to be their mother is telling the truth.
Meet the Patels, PG
- Witty documentary by siblings Ravi and Geeta Patel about their parents' attempts to marry off Ravi to a suitable bride
- Gripping drama pits FBI agent Emily Blunt and CIA operative Josh Brolin against Mexican drug cartels
Goodnight, Mommy, R
- Austria's submission for the Foreign Film Oscar is a taut, gruesome psychological thriller about twin brothers who suspect their mother is an imposter.