KCUR Morning Newscast 4-14-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 6 sec)
- More than 80,000 people lined the main street through downtown Lawrence Sunday for a parade celebrating the Kansas Jayhawks' national basketball championship.
- A group of volunteers gathered in Greensburg over the weekend to plant trees in that tornado-ravaged city.
- In an effort to get more Greensburg residents into homes, several public and private groups have banded together to build 20 new homes in the town by this summer.
- Safety experts are reminding ATV riders to use helmets, eye protection and other safety gear. Kansas currently has no state law regulating ATV use, except that the vehicles need to be registered.
- A 26-year-old Lawrence man is behind bars after holding police at bay for more than eight hours yesterday.