KCUR’s Federal Communications Commission FM Broadcast Station License is held by the Curators of the University of Missouri. The Board of Curators is KCUR’s governing body. All information about the Board of Curators, including meeting notices and minutes, are found under “Meeting Center” here.
KCUR’s Community Advisory Board meets every calendar quarter at 8 a.m. at the station: 4825 Troost, Suite 202, Kansas City, Mo., 64110.
Community Advisory Board members
Alejandro Sánchez Alvarado
Charlotte Kemper Black
Pete Browne (chair)
Shani Tate Ross
Effective March 1, 2018, KCUR’s public inspection files are posted on the Federal Communications Commission website.
KCUR is committed to ensuring that its workforce and community advisory board reflect the diversity found in the communities it serves. Central to KCUR’s mission, vision and values is maintaining a workplace environment that recognizes and celebrates the power of diversity.
KCUR strives to create and foster a supportive environment in which all individuals can be successful and reach his or her full potential within the organization.
KCUR seeks a diverse workforce and community advisory body through distinct personalities and capabilities of each individual within the group. On a personal level, the diversity of an individual is defined by his or her cultural and personal differences, as well as life and professional experiences.
KCUR believes that diversity considerations extend beyond race and gender. The spectrum of diversity also includes color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, status as a Vietnam era veteran, culture, education and socio-economic status.
KCUR, as a department of the University of Missouri–Kansas City, is an equal opportunity employer and will attempt to recruit a diverse work force and explicitly forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability and marital status.
- View the KCUR/Classical KC 2023 Demographics Report for the Community
- View KCUR's 2022-2023 Federal Communications Committee — Annual Equal Employment Opportunity Report
- KCUR fiscal year 2022 audited financial statement
- 2022 Corporation For Public Broadcasting Annual Financial Report
- KCUR fiscal year 2021 audited financial statement
- 2021 Corporation For Public Broadcasting Annual Financial Report
Previous financial reports are available upon request at the station.
Station Activities Survey
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting Survey 2022
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting Survey 2021
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting Survey 2020
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting Survey 2019