15 Places To Watch Fireworks This Fourth Of July In Kansas City
It might not be much of an exaggeration to predict that no matter where you look in the night sky this Fourth of July, you’ll catch at least a glimpse of glittering fireworks.
That’s because we love our fireworks in Kansas City as much as we do our barbecue and baseball. To meet the demand, myriad community gatherings will take place Saturday night throughout the metro, where folks will get to “ooh,” “aah” and applaud in response to red-white-and-blue spectacles flooding across the heavens in the name of Uncle Sam.
Even a glimpse would be nice – but why not go all the way? Grab your blankets and lawn chairs, along with those who matter most to you, and pick a place to be patriotically dazzled.
The area’s best and brightest fireworks displays on the Fourth include:
- ‘Big Bang’ 4th of July Celebration – Longview Lake Shelter #13, Kansas City, Missouri. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. Activities include children’s carnival, live music, skydivers, military tribute. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Blue Springs Fireworks Program – Blue Springs High School Peve Stadium, Blue Springs, Missouri. Gates open at 6 p.m. Live music at 7:30 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Celebrate America Fireworks Show – Worlds of Fun amusement park, Kansas City, Missouri. Fireworks at 10 p.m. Cost: Park admission.
- Celebration Park Fireworks – Celebration Park, Gardner, Kansas. Bounce houses for kids and live music start at 4 p.m. Fireworks at sundown.
- Fort Leavenworth: Fireworks and Salute to the Union – Merritt Lake, Leavenworth, Missouri. Gates open at 3 p.m. with children’s activities, followed by live music. Salute to the Union at 8:30 p.m. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
- Gladstone Independence Day Celebration – Oak Grove Park, Gladstone, Mo. Event begins with live music at 7 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
- Kansas City Royals Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular – Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri. Fireworks after 6:15 p.m. game between Royals and Minnesota Twins. Cost: Game ticket.
- KC Riverfest – Berkley Riverfront Park, Kansas City, Missouri. Gates open at 4 p.m. with children’s activities and two live music stages. Fireworks at dusk. Cost: $5 (ages 12 and younger free).
- Leawood July 4 Celebration – Leawood City Park, Leawood, Kansas. Gates open at 5 p.m. with children’s activities. Live music at 7:30 p.m.. Fireworks at 9:45 p.m.
- Liberty 4th Fest – Greene Stadium at William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri. Gates open at 8 p.m. Live music at 9 p.m. Fireworks at 9:45 p.m.
- Olathe Fireworks Show – Great Mall of the Great Plains, Olathe, Kansas. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Parkville July 4th Celebration – English Landing Park, Parkville, Missouri. All-day event from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., including pancake breakfast, carnival and live music. Fireworks at 9:45 p.m.
- Platte City Fireworks Display – Pirates Stadium, Platte County High School, Platte City, Missouri. Fireworks at 9:45 p.m.
- Spirit of America Celebration – Recreation Park, Raymore, Missouri. Event begins with classic car show at 4 p.m. Kids games and live music at 7 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
- Star Spangled Spectacular at Corporate Woods – Overland Park, Kansas. Event opens at 4 p.m. with children’s play pavilion, followed by live music. Fireworks at 9:40 p.m.