Kansas Citians Recommend Their Favorite Podcasts (And Books)
Did you keep a diary as a kid? If you did, are you willing to read it to the entire world?
In conjunction with Generation Listen KC and the Young Friends of The Kansas City Public Library, KCUR 89.3 invited five local diary-keepers to share their stories about young love (in the style of the popular podcast, Mortified). To listen to the stories, go here.
Before the readers took the stage, everyone in attendance swapped books they brought to share. If you’re looking for a good read, check out this list of 8 great books to pair with your favorite podcasts, compiled by the Kansas City Public Library.
Many folks also shared their favorite podcasts. Here are a handful of them:
- Story Collider: Because science is fun!
- Nerdist Writers’ Panel: Writers talking about cool stuff they’ve written
- Mystery Show: <3 <3 Starlee Kine <3 <3
- Throwing Shade: Feminist and LGBT issues from two HILARIOUS comedians/writers in LA
- Whistlestop: From a politics nerd
- U talkin U2 to me?: Scott, Scott, & Bono. Enough said.
- Things you missed in History Class: History you might have overlooked or forgotten about!
- Another Round: They are hilarious! And super smart!!
- Black Girl Nerds: Everything nerdy & geeky with a dash of black girl magic!
For a full list of the recommendations — and to get updates on the next Podcast Party — join our new group on Facebook.
The KCUR Podcast Party Facebook group is where we share tons of great podcasts. And you can get to know people all around Kansas City who also love podcasts. See you there!