Food Critics: The Best Desserts In Kansas City In 2016
Nothing says “It’s fall!” like a delicious dessert to accompany a warm cup of cocoa. From fried apple pies to good ol' carrot cake, we’ve got the treats that will make your season sweet.
On Central Standard’s food show this week, KCUR's Food Critics searched out the best desserts in and around Kansas City.
Here are their recommendations:
Mary Bloch, Around the Block:
- Rye — lemon meringue pie.
- Rye — MoKan pie.
- Upper Crust Pie Bakery — cherry.
- Upper Crust Pie Bakery — lemon meringue.
- Cafe Sebastienne — chocolate budino. Rich, chocolatey goodness in the shape of a bread loaf. Sliced and served with berries.
- Cafe Europa — carrot cake cupcake.
- Capital Grille — flourless chocolate espresso cake.
- Andy's Frozen Custard — Jitterbug Concrete. Vanilla frozen custard blended with espresso, Heath Bar and almonds.
Jenny Vergara, Feast Magazine:
Novel — fried apple pie.
- Rockhill Grille — banana cream pie. Light vanilla cream and fresh bananas, then the tart is topped with whipped cream and toasted almonds.
- The Rieger — The Shake & Frites. It comes with a side of Ça Va’s salted house-made French Fries for dipping.
- Sasha’s Baking Company — pumpkin Danish.
- Dolce Bakery — oatmeal cream pie.
- Jasper’s Restaurant — the dessert cart. Five shelves housed with twelve desserts ranging from coconut cake to chocolate mayonnaise cake.
- André's Confiserie Suisse
- Café Europa
- Fiorella’s Jack Stack — carrot cake.
- The Peachtree — sweet potato pie.
- Maya’s Bakery — flan.
- Gram & Dun — Crack Pie.
- 1889 Pizza Napoletana — lemon cheesecake.
- Cafe Europa — lemon cake.
- Houston's — apple walnut cobbler.
- Annedore's Fine Chocolates — Sicilian bark. Dark chocolate with candied orange peel and sea salt.
- Brio Tuscan Grille — mascarpone cheesecake. Drenched in caramel and creme anglaise.
- Hereford House — white chocolate bread pudding.
- BRGR Kitchen + Bar — Keoke shake. Coffee ice cream, brandy, Kahlua and creme de cocoa.
- Gates Bar-B-Q — Yummy Yammer Pie. A sweet potato pie.
- 801 Chophouse — Baked Alaska.
Ravyn Brooks is and intern for KCUR's Central Standard.